We are passing along some valuable information on the Home Affordable Initiative. If you feel like you have a friend, family member or co-worker who might benefit from this program during these difficult economic times, then use the list below from Debbie Sheets with SunTrust as a resource for getting started. Please know that any lender can do a Home Affordable Initiative Loan also known as a DU Refi Plus. Loan modification’s where the homeowner is currently delinquent and/or experiencing hardship must be done by their specific loan servicer.
Items to Gather for Home Affordable Initiative Loan
· 2 recent pay stubs for all persons currently on the loan
· 2008 federal tax return, all pages & schedules for all persons currently on the loan
· Type of property (manufactured, townhouse, condominium, etc…)
· Do you have a second mortgage or home equity on the home? If so provide a copy of the most recent statement. We need this information regardless of balance.
· Do you have Mortgage Insurance on your loan?
· Do you currently occupy the home as your primary residence?
· If SunTrust does not service your loan please provide the name of your servicer as well as their customer service contact number.
· Have you been more than 30 days late within the last 12 months on your primary or secondary mortgage?
· Do you have additional mortgages outside of the ones on your primary home?
· Go to www.suntrustmortgage.com/dsheets & apply on line. For any items you do not know just enter “Do not know”. I will call you to fill in the blanks.
Please write the answers to your questions on this document & return fax to 1-866-458-2942 along with all requested documentation. You do not need a cover page.
SunTrust Mortgage will begin to review applications for the Home Initiative Loan beginning April 4, 2009. Prior to that date we are unable to give you an answer as to qualification or approval.
Applicants who return all the above documentation & complete an application on-line will be considered on a first come first serve basis. If information is missing you will be contacted. The review process begins once we have all information. This process allows us to help as many people as possible.
Debbie Sheet, Mortgage Consultant
919-616-2868 or 252-756-3912